Gemstone setting post-firing metal clay not only preserves the original quality of your gemstones but increases the overall value of your creations. This level 2 class will provide you with the intermediate skills to create the angles for setting teardrop cabochons for your projects. Optimal jewelers quality is always the goal.
This online class is scheduled for “Summer 2020”:
Weekly: Wednesdays 11:30 am - 1:30 pm (Pacific Time US) up to September 30, 2020
This class accommodates all skill levels and may be personalized to your intended project.
- 2 hours of live interactive video conferencing including guided step-by-step instructions - (internet connected device with web-cam required).
- Step guide Document (.pdf) providing the most critical steps and considerations.
Rodi will guide you through choosing your gemstones with bezel setting in mind. With a host of tips and tricks to accommodate the angular aspect of a teardrop setting. Basic soldering skills are required and level 1 recommended as prerequisites.
Want to include a consultation on your project?
Select the optional 30 min. add-on to include an in depth review of the optimal approach specific to your project.
Calibrated Teardrop cabochon approx. 10 mm.
- Hard & Medium solder wire
- Handy T Flux (Paste liquid
- Bezel wire & sheet metal (copper or silver)
- Sandpaper (220 grit)
- Soldering surface
- Tweezers (cross locking)
- Flush cutter straight edge
- Flat nose pliers (if required)
- Triangular needle file
- Quenching bowl of water
- High % Alcohol (No rubbing alcohol!)
After check-out, you will receive a registration confirmation, along with a link to download the required tools & products along with a video conferencing set-up guide.
Required connectivity: internet connected device - Desk top / laptop / tablet or smartphone with web cam and microphone. Optional headphones with microphone (recommended for desktop / laptop). Installation of free download browser plugin or app.