Sky Guide 2: Bronze Metal Clay Full Pendant Project Video Enhanced Tutorial
Demystify working with bronze metal clay with this easy to follow guide. You will be guided through each step of this full project tutorial, from opening the packet to adding patina and simple metal finishing using basic tools. You'll even touch a little wire wrapping techniques along the way.Instantly download your .PDF document tutorial that contains:
- 36 pages of techniques, tips and tricks.
- 97 HD quality photos.
- 21 Links to supporting HD video clips.
- Shopping guide to help you get the things you need.
- Printable Templates.
Organized into manageable time sections that allow you to focus on each step of the creative process and make your own version of Rodis "My Love Pendant". The project is organized into 43 steps which makes it super easy to follow.
You'll find a host of tips and tricks with access to direct and peer support through our Facebook group.
This tutorial is also available in a online multimedia enhanced format that includes all supporting videos that play directly on your device.
This tutorial is good for you IF you:
- Own or have access to a KILN!
- Work with or have worked with silver metal clay or polymer clay,
- Are looking to expand MC techniques.
This guide should not be considered as an introductory beginners guide to working with bronze metal clay unless you have a kiln! The completion of a basic introduction to metal clay, although not required, is recommended.
For this project you'll need:
INSPIRATION AND A PASSION TO CREATE WITH METAL CLAY
- 1 pack (100 g) FastFire® Bronze Clay (or any bronze clay with the same shrinkage rate).
- 10 cm of 22 gauge Copper or Silver wire,
- 1 Teardrop shape gemstone or bead (2 cm w / 2.5 cm L) of choice -TOP horizontal drilled,
- Liver of Sulfur,
- Olive oil,
- Plastic kitchen wrap,
- Distilled water,
- Vinegar (pickling),
- Drinking straw 5 mm.,
- Coconut activated carbon,
- Fine steel wool,
- Fine steel brush
- Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Smooth, even, Non-Porous working surface, (Teflon work-surface, plastic place mats , Acrylic (plexi-glass) or ceramic tile,
- Sharp scissors,
- Piece of heavy stock paper (Glossy photo paper works well),
- Needle Tool or Crafting knife / Scalpel,
- Hydrator pot or Small air-tight jar & household cleaning sponge,
- Thickness spacers or Playing cards,
- Small paint brush (natural - smooth)
- Makeup applicator (sponge tip),
- Extra fine paint brush (very smooth),
- Drill bit 2 mm,
- Clay roller or a piece of a PCV pipe 1” diameter
- Sandpaper - 220, 300 & 600 grit (Emery boards are an alternative),
- Small container with closing airtight lid (not to be reused for other purposes),
- Small spray bottle (the finer the spray the better),
- Cup warmer,
- Kiln with ramping, holding time capacity of 1500° F / 815.5° C,
- Firing pan with a ventilated lid,
- Rotary tool with metal polishing attachments,
- Small wire cutters & round nose pliers