This metal clay tutorial is a step guide of the making and placing of the metal clay elements in order to create your version of Rodis "Desert Rose" pendant. Designed for those with some metal clay experience, the guide provides details on how to create dimension. Adding a little flare with cute little daisies textured with dust granulation.
You can use your preferred metal clay brand by using the included instructions on how to adjust the base template to match the shrinkage rate, simply by adjusting the print settings.
The .pdf tutorial contains;
- 53 pages of techniques,best practices, tips and tricks.
- 86 HD quality photos.
- Printable template.
- Step by step guide on placing hand-formed elements.
- How to create dimensional elements.
- How to create "dust granulation" textures.
- How to make Daisy flowers.
- All steps up to the completion of firing.
- A checklist to help you get the things you need. (download below)
NOTE: THIS TUTORIAL DOES NOT INCLUDE GEMSTONE SETTING STEPS
If bezel making and soldering is not one of your primary skills (or requires updating), simply choose the "Upgrade" version of this tutorial which includes all the steps to make the bezel and solder the setting for this project.
The project is organized into easy to follow steps which makes it super easy. You'll find a wealth of metal clay tips and tricks from Rodi while you create your own beautiful personalized pendant. You'll also enhance your carving, hand forming and bezel setting skills.
Although this step guide is within the capacity of a beginner, due to the additional skills required to complete this project, we rate this tutorial as intermediate skills required.
Although not required, the following pre-requisites are recommended depending on your experience level:
- Completion of a basic introduction to metal clay.
- Completion of a full silver metal clay project - Sky Guide 5
- Jewelers grade soldering - Sky Guide 7.
After check out you will download a printable version of the tutorial to allow you to work offline either by tablet / PC viewing or printed document. You are purchasing a single (1) user non-transferable licence to use this tutorial for you own personal use.
View / Print or Download a list of all you'll need for this project: HERE
Inspiration can be as elusive as finding a Rose in the desert, but you found the Desert Rose!