This silver metal clay and gemstone setting step guide tutorial will guide you in the making and placing of the metal clay elements in order to create your version of Rodis "Moonlight" pendant. Designed for those with metal clay experience, the guide provides details on how to create dimensional roses. Enhance your hand-formed texturing with the highly versatile dust granulation technique.
You can use your preferred metal clay brand by using the included instructions on how to adjust the base template to match the shrinkage rate, simply by adjusting the print settings.
The .pdf tutorial contains;
- 87 pages of techniques,best practices, tips and tricks.
- 116 HD quality photos.
- Printable template.
- Step by step guide on placing hand-formed elements.
- How to create roses elements.
- How to create "dust granulation" textures.
- How to post set half drilled pearls.
- How to make and solder the bezel.
- How to add decorative wire to a bezel.
- A checklist to help you get the things you need. (download below)
This tutorial is good for you IF you:
- have previous experience working with metal clay.
- are comfortable with soldering using different temperature solders. (if not, see the available add-on package)
- are capable of unsupervised metal clay firing.
- have the tools and capacity of metal finishing.
Although this step guide is within the capacity of a beginner, due to the additional skills required to complete this project, we rate this tutorial as intermediate skills required.
Although not required, the following pre-requisites are recommended depending on your experience level:
- Completion of a basic introduction to metal clay.
- Completion of a full silver metal clay project - Sky Guide 5
After check out you will download a printable version of the tutorial to allow you to work offline either by tablet / PC viewing or printed document. You are purchasing a single (1) user non-transferable licence to use this tutorial for you own personal use.
View / Print or Download a list of all you'll need for this project: HERE