Metal Clay Template And Base Building - Live Video Class
Learn how to create a metal clay project base to accommodate the setting of a gemstone once your piece has been fired. With this 1 hour class, you will gain insight into how to create a base template to integrate your gemstone into your inspired design.
This online class is scheduled for “Summer 2020”:
Weekly: Mondays 11:30 am - 12:30 & 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm(Pacific Time US) up to September 30, 2020
This class accommodates all skill levels and may be personalized to your intended project.
- 1 hour of live interactive video conferencing including guided step-by-step instructions - (internet connected device with web-cam required).
- Document (.pdf) containing the major steps and considerations.
Preserving the original properties of your gemstones is critical to the quality and value of your metal clay creations. This class will provide you with the skills to prepare your projects with the optimal jewelers quality outcome in mind.
Learn best practices to minimize warping of your metal clay during firing - a crucial and critical step in ensuring a clean and simple gemstone setting after firing.
Want to include a consultation on the optimal metal clay to choose for your project?
Select the optional 30 min. add-on to include an in depth review of the best metal clay options for your projects. Gain insight into the considerations that go into selecting the best metal clay for jewelers grade creations.
- Pencil, paper, ruler, scissors & craft knife / scalpel, calculator.
- Cutting mat (self healing recommended).
- 3-4 grms metal clay of choice, slip (paste), needle tool & extra-fine paintbrush.
- Work-surface, roller, spacers (2 - 6 cards), Teflon card or plastic document protector
- Cup warmer or hot-plate.
- 3M sanding pads (fine - micro fine) or sandpaper.
After check-out, you will receive a registration confirmation, along with a link to download the required tools & products along with a video conferencing set-up guide.
Required connectivity: internet connected device - Desk top / laptop / tablet or smartphone with web cam and microphone. Optional headphones with microphone (recommended for desktop / laptop). Installation of free download browser plugin or app.